I completed this collage yesterday. It's small: 8" x 8". I am very happy with it; every time I look at it, it makes me smile. And for a lot of reasons:
- The substrate was only $1. I bought it on clearance at Hobby Lobby, & gessoed over the strange image that was on it. So I was able to recycle something that no one else would likely have wanted.
- The colors, intentionally, coordinate with my new bedroom color scheme, which is gray, lavender, & silver, with accents of lime green and turquoise.
- The design is a whole new departure for me. It recently occurred to me that if I looked at magazine ads, brochures, etc. carefully, I could "block out" the design pattern and see if it appealed to me. This design is an adaptation from the Honda brochure (which I have because of our recent new car purchase).
- The "twig tree" was one of those serendipitous things. I knew it needed something more, and it needed to be organic to balance the lines and shapes. So I went to my Nature stash and this was the first pick. I then spray painted it shiny silver.
- The wire was then needed to help anchor the twig. This was the only silver wire I had; I feel it adds a lot to the overall effect.
- The long rectangle is done in silver leaf and catches the light dramatically.