Total Pageviews

Monday, March 23, 2009

FIRST BLOOM 2009


Here is my first bloom of Spring! It's an adorable little iris, splayed out in all directions with touches of yellow in it. It's in my front garden, and I would have missed it altogether were it not for the fact that I was planting my new peony bush nearby today.

You can also see behind it several daffodils that will soon be blooming. The peony is named "Golden Fish in Pink Pond." I bought it at the flower and garden show a couple of weeks ago. It looks big and healthy, and although it won't bloom this year, NEXT Spring I will have some gorgeous, big peonies. Phil dug up my old Russian Sage plant that was overgrown, and we put the peony in its place.

I just love this little iris. Perhaps some friends will join it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment