Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

His and Hers



These are two collages I completed yesterday for our master bedrom re-do. These are hanging in our bathroom, one to the left of my sink, and one to the right of Phil's sink. They are done with stained tissue papers, some of which were overstamped. The squares stamp is an actual stamp. The white/gray stamp that looks like treadmarks is the corrugated side of some cardboard. The lighter color looks a little yellow-y here, but is actually lime green.

The one with the 3 silver beads, I actually worked on upsidedown. And I thought it looked pretty good that way. But when I went to hang it, I decided that it actually looked better this way, with the beads on the lower part. It always amazes me how I can think one thing, and something calls me to try a different perspective (like a photograph, or looking at it in a mirror), and then it totally changes it.

The wing on Phil's collage is a nod to his love of flying. The strung beads on mine is a nod to artwork (and also my love of jewelry). These were fun to do, and went together fairly easily, once I selected the tissue papers. The frames, with the silver frame and matte, I picked up at a thrift store for $3.50 each. I DO love a bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment