Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spring = Flowers



Yesterday I went to Home Depot's Garden Center to see if they had any flowers in yet, and behold! Pansies and violas and alyssum, and oh my! I couldn't resist this colorbowl. I decided to put it on the deck instead of my usual spot by the front door. That way I could see it more often.

While there, I was admiring their new shipment of orchids, still on the rack. For only $20, they seemed like a pretty good buy. Then I spotted more orchids on display, and saw they were on clearance! Music began to play in my head, and I swear the clouds parted and the sun shone down....there, right before my eyes, was this plant with TWO stems, tons of blooms, and even one bud. All this beauty for only $10! Now I have never had a lot of luck with reblooming orchids, but I figure at this price I'll get an awful lot of enjoyment whether they rebloom or not.

Now I'm even considering sketching them and maybe playing around with my watercolors. We'll see. At any rate, I now have gorgeous flowers and some beautiful color, and I feel like Spring has definitely arrived (no mater that there's possible snow in the forecast!).

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear. Hope you got that pot in off the deck this morning! They are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi April. Yes, I rescued it Saturday night and it spent the night and most of Sunday on our enclosed back porch. The rest of my flowers--the daffodils and such--seemed to survive fine.

    ReplyDelete