Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 7, 2009




Just returned from visiting my friend Lora in Mt. Morris. Had a lovely time. Her two cats, Gracie and Callie, kept me so amused. It's been a long time since I connected with cats. Having grown up as an only child on a farm, cats and kittens were my constant companions then. These two are so different from my Golden Retriever, Shasta. (I think I shall now have to give equal time on my blog to Shasta!)

Lora and I each created a small boardbook during my stay there, and the "girls" were ever so curious about my art supplies. It was so nice to have a change of scenery and to visit with Lora.

Her schleferra plant is so abundantly beautiful! She keeps little twinkly lights on them, and at night the whole plant is breathtaking. Reminds me that when we highlight the natural, it can be even more special.

Getting ready for our Art Retreat tomorrow. I'm hoping it goes well enough that others want to do more of them. But for now I'm off to the back porch to soak in some of this amazing 50-degree sunshiney weather we're having.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! I want to see Shasta! The cats are adorable and that plant with the lights is stunning. Enjoyed the retreat this morning and the energy in the room. I look forward to more. You did a great job of organizing the information for us, Marge. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, you asked for it! Today is Shasta's day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great and creative time. Great pix.

    ReplyDelete