Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

new display ledges

Bought some ledges on sale at Kohl's yesterday for our living room. I've been wanting to do this for awhile, every since I saw it on an HGTV show. This way I can switch out my art as I make it, and stop making holes in the wall! There's already a lot of holes there from previous art.
So this works well! Here's my favorite piece next to my "too-heavy-to-wear charm necklace."
The little house I just finished. I aged the exterior and then painted the interior bright turquoise and lime green for contrast. I'll post a photo later of the interior. The Misfits is actually an altered book cover, minus the book. I discarded the book but saved the cover, which is another favorite of mine.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marge,
    Glad I stopped by. Love your creationss, esp. Misfits and your favorite piece with the egg. Do you have them previously posted somewhere? Just intrigued by how you created them.
    I love the ledges. How do they stay on the wall? I have been hanging frames up to dry on my walls lately after painting them and with my paintings up there too running out of wall space and I can only cover up so many nail holes. A crazy cycle.
    Off to Kohl's to investigate. Thanksk for the idea. Still think you need to wear that necklace, it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DID wear that necklace once, for about 10 minutes! Too heavy!! Thanks for all the accolades. My husband hung the ledges, but they seemed pretty easy; they come with built-in levels. Hardest part was deciding the layout.

    Misfits was done so long ago I forget how I painted the book cover. The red "dress" is a piece of velvet, the legs are tape measure ribbon. I think Mother and Son is on this site previously, with techniques. Look for an earlier photo of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ledges are a great idea! Watch out Kohls - here we come! Love seeing all your pieces - so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool idea to have out special treasures that can be interchanged. I love your work and the cheerful colors used in your surroundings.

    ReplyDelete