Total Pageviews

Monday, July 13, 2009

exciting news


I was just interviewed by a reporter for the Herald News; I'm being featured in the Sunday paper in a couple of weeks in the Artworks section! Here is one of my pieces I emailed her a photo of--"Mother and Son."

I can't believe the ripple effect of having that art show has had....I've done a workshop, and now this--plus the article will talk about my having workshops--great free advertising!

Makes me want to go into my studio and just create all the livelong day...........

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on spreading your creative gifts around. I always believe in synchronicity, sharing that positive energy attracts more good stuff from the Universe. "Mother and Son" looks intriguing. Can you share a bit on how it was constructed?
    I shall be on the lookout for that article in the Sunday paper. And from there, boy, your phone will be ringing off the hook, I imagine.
    Thanks for reminding me how important it is to get our work out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect old photos, and this one was a cabinet card I picked up along the way somewhere. I used a combination of fluid acrylics for the background, and knew I wanted to pair the photo with the piece of upholstery fabric I found in a remnant bin. It wasn't enough by itself, so I added a piece of old screen (from our back porch!) and the 3 plastic (but painted to look like aged wood) squares. The curved branch, again a found object, seemed perfect to frame it. And then the little birdie seemed to top it all off. To me, he seems to be looking at the little boy with a bit of envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the success of your show. I think this is a phenomenal piece.

    ReplyDelete