Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Book in a Handbag

This is a miniature purse--no larger than 4 inches long, I guess. It's adorable all by itself.
So you open it--oh! There's something inside. Wonder what it is?
I pull it out, and it's a strip of paper, folded accordian-style. And it says something.
It says: "It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." e e cummings. Hmmm--one of my favorite quotes.
But there's more! On the flip side is a pictorial of a little girl (yes, me), who grows up and ponders life's mysteries, and finally metamorphoses into a butterfly--and then she gets her wings and flies--and now she's a Queen--and one last burst of energy, and she's all that she was meant to be.
This is my Book in a Handbag--just finished it today. It will be one of my pieces I show at Gallery Ten in Door County. Hope someone relates to its story and buys it.

1 comment: