Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Camera/New Studio!

 I finally purchased a new camera so now I can take photos of my newly-organized and painted studio!  It took about 3 1/2 weeks to do this (not working on it every day), and I am so very happy with the results.  It's a joy to work in here now, amidst my aqua walls, which are both calming and refreshing.   This wall contains letters, numbers, collage clips, tapes, various background papers, my stash of books to alter, my library of resources,  fibers, feathers, and to the right of the lamp is my "works in progress" section.
 Here is my purple hat!  After all, I am Purplehat Artist.  Yes, it looks like a pimp hat, but I love the goofiness of it.  I bought it in Key West, so it has great memories attached to it.  The drawers contain my stamps, and the bookcase houses all my paints, pastels, watercolors, and inks.  Very handy--right behind my work table.  To the right of the bookcase is my Inspiration Board and my Artist's Prayer.
 And here is my work table, right next to the window that overlooks my (now sorry-looking) Pear Tree.  I love the carousels that contain all sorts of tools at my fingertips.
 I created this piece of art specifically for my new studio.  I had the sign already; now it rests inside a drawer that helps inspire me every time I enter the room. On the shelf underneath are my markers, pens, and colored pencils.
 The closet now stores less-used items such as my metals, beads, beeswax & pot, ribbons, and sponges. I also now have a great way to store my collage necklaces, so they don't tangle.
 My craft paints are now easily within sight, and the colors help inspire me from my worktable.  I did throw out a bunch of very old paints, so I will gradually need to replace some colors. My brushes are also here. The drawers hold 3-D embellishments, as well as background papers sorted by colors.  On the wall are charms, tiles, brads, buttons.  EVERYTHING is clearly labeled, which makes it much easier to put away.  It's as if each item has declared a "home," and  I actually enjoy putting things back in their homes now.
And here's a look at my worktable and what I'm currently working on: an art journal about Joy, and an altered book that is waiting for its theme.

I am so glad I spent the time and effort to revamp this room.  It's a pleasure to sit at my worktable now, and I feel more "present" when I do.

2 comments:

  1. wow I am impressed
    good for you for staking out a studio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic job! Everything looks wonderful, Marge. I need to take a month for just that! woe is me. But you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete