Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 14, 2009

2 Birds

Took these photos last week. We have several orioles who come to our feeder now for grape jelly and oranges. This one, however, also seems to enjoy the hummingbird nectar! I don't know how he gets his beak in there, but he does.

The other one is a rose-breasted grosbeak who stopped one afternoon to fill up on safflower seeds. At first I thought it was a woodpecker because of his colorings. But when I looked closer, I realized he wasn't. So I looked him up in my trusty bird book, and discovered that it was a grosbeak. Somewhat unusual for this area, they usually stay more north. He was only here for a couple of days, and then moved on. But what a treat to see him.

In fact, watching all the birds this Spring has been a real treat. I never thought I would get such delight from just sitting and watching the birds. But they are quite entertaining. I've seen only 1 hummingbird so far, and it must have been migrating, because there's been none since. But Mr. Oriole appreciates their feeder!

Only 2 more days til my Art Show. The countdown has begun. Now I have to start thinking how I will store everything that doesn't sell, because I really do want to "start over" with my art. Well, except for a few favorite pieces which I will probably put back up in the house. But for the most part, I want to move on and allow my art to go in new directions. Sort of like that rose-breasted grosbeak.

No comments:

Post a Comment