Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What is my name?


This is one of the pieces I'll be putting in my show. It's giving me some problems: Not sure what to name it (even though I created it over a year ago!), and not sure how to display it. With that rounded bottom, it won't stand up by itself. Phil says he can make a table-top easel from wood that has a nail in it. We'll see what he comes up with.

This is actually an old plastic (looks like wood) clock that I found at an antique/junk store. It makes a great shrine for Mary's face. You can't tell from the photo, but the stars are hanging free and move with the breeze. There's a mandala behind the turned posts that I made several years ago for a friend of mine.

I tried to make it look aged and antique-y. It does have a somber look to it. Ah ha! I think I'll call it Peace. It has always given me a peaceful feeling, hanging in my library/guestroom.

OK, one problem solved. Phil can solve the other one!


No comments:

Post a Comment