Total Pageviews

Friday, January 30, 2009

Reflections


As I was sitting among my pieces of art, which I've been gathering in one place so that they may speak to me, I was drawn to the mirror in this piece, titled I Am a Queen. I decided it would be a good image for my first post.

This is a time in my life for reflecting. Where have I been--in my previous career, in my roles as mother/wife/friend, in my art? It's all intermingled, difficult to separate out. Yet I feel this need to do just that. I am now retired from a 33-year career in special education. My children are all adults. I finally have all the time in the world for my art (instead of stealing minutes here and there). So what do I want to do with this new found freedom? Where will it all take me?

Creating this blog is a first step. It's a step of faith, of hope, and of risk. But where would I be if it were not for risk? Risk is what makes us grow. And I'm ready to be planted in a new garden.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of the bloggers. I have one recommendation, and that is to blog without guilt. Write when you want and about what you want. That way, it will feel more like your art -something you want to do, not another obligation. Once I adopted that philosophy, I found that I liked blogging and have been able to stick to it for more than a year.

    I love the artwork in your first post. Beautiful. The filigree charm pulled me right into the picture.

    By the way, I worked with special education children for 10 years before moving to Illinois. It was the best job and the worst job.

    Check out my blog: auntiesandy.blogspot.com. Now go and bloom where you're planted!

    ReplyDelete